Official Lyon Smart City App Hack Partners
Welcome to the Lyon Smart City App Hack
La Métropole de Lyon decided to turn stakes of the tomorrow’ city into opportunities in leading an ambitious Smart City program. It is based on new technological, social, urban and environmental services to improve the quality of life and thereby generating new jobs and new businesses. Human being and innovation are the main focus to achieve the goal of a better living city.
La Métropole de Lyon teams up with TUBA « the test tube for urban experimentations » to organize this first Lyon Smart City App Hack together with two partners of TUBA : Veolia and Bouygues Immobilier. This contest offers app champions the opportunity to promote their innovative solution on the international level during the Smart City Expo World Congress 2015 in Barcelona.
Lyon Smart City App Hack is the opportunity to highlight and reward inventive applications developed by local entrepreneurs to make cities easier, more sustainable and more enjoyable for us all.
The City Final took place on October 14th at TUBA from 4PM-7Pm, check below to see the winners and photos of the event!
GOT A GREAT FINISHED APP ?
Submit your fully running app in the competition through the app circus.com platform, it's free and easy !
*If your app includes FIWARE technology, submit it also to the FIWARE Online Competition and win more prizes with the same app! SUBMISSION CLOSED Read more
Vote for your favorite app and help it win a direct slot to pitch at the Lyon City Final. You just need a Twitter account and send a tweet including the app hashtag + the #SCAH_Lyon hasta (ex: My vote is for the #appname in the #SCAH_Lyon competition). SUBMISSION CLOSED Read more
MEET THE 10 SCAH LYON FINALISTS !
Have a look at their profil and get a glimpse at the event by checking the flickr gallery ! SEE THE WINNERS Read more
If you make it to the final gala at Smart City Expo World Congress in Barcelona, you are in for the big stage ! 15 winners of the city finals compete for the grand prizes.
GLOBAL VISIBILITY IS ALREADY GUARANTEED !
Once selected you will find the 15 international lucky apps coming from the SCAH participating cities right here on this site. Stay tuned !
What can you win ?
Lyon SCAH Prizes
5000€ in cash + all paid trip (Airfare + accommodation) to Barcelona + direct slot to pitch your app in the Grand SCAH Final at the Smart City Expo World Congress in Barcelona + visibility on VEOLIA booth during Smart City Expo World Congress + POC at TUBA + A 4-month desk offer at TUBA + Coaching for the International Pitch + Poster print (x1) + The chance to win more great prizes!
* The others finalists will still have the opportunity to be selected as one of the remaining slots for the 15 finalists to present at the Grand SCAH Finale on November 2015, in Barcelona (see below).
Global SCAH Prizes
MASTERCARD SPECIAL PRIZE
Spot in the Grand Finale of the MasterCard Masters of Code in Silicon Valley + airfare + accommodation + the chance to win more great prizes!
5 x BEST APP PRIZES
5.000€ cash prizes for the Best App in each of the five categories of the challenge.
BEST FIWARE APP PRIZE
Accelerate your app in the market (more than 100K€ in grants) and make it visible at the Mobile World Congress 2016. The less you can get is 10.000 €!
Lyon SCAH Final
A total of 10 apps will be invited to pitch live on stage at the Lyon City Final at TUBA to compete for the local prizes. An independent jury formed of representatives from la Métropole de Lyon, partners and mobile experts will select 9 of the 10 apps based on the evaluation criteria listed below. 1 app will be selected by audience vote during the online competition.
Global SCAH Final
The best international apps per category (Urban Mobility, Energy & Emission, Culture & Tourism, Collaborative City, Shopping & Retail) will form the 15 finalists of the Smart City App Challenge that will be invited to present at the Smart City Expo and compete for the final big prizes. These 15 finalists will be selected by an online jury, composed by international experts, representatives of the cities and partners, between all the finalist apps from the local SCAH competitions on each city.
- To participate in this competition you must agree with the Terms and Conditions defined in the AppCircus Terms of Service.
- Valid apps are those covering one or more of the 5 areas described in the Challenges section
- The competition is open to ANY platform. Participation is open to any developer or firm. Web Apps are also considered valid.
- The intellectual rights derived from the app belong to its creator (person, team or company).
- In order to be able to receive the final prize(s), apps must be available in the Store of the platform for which they are developed by the end of the competition.
Apps NOT permitted
- Apps offensive to public or private institutions
- Primarily political, sectarian or religious in nature
- Discriminatory to any person or group of persons
- Related to weapons/ammunition, tobacco, or adult-oriented
- Addresses the problem statement(s) and solves a real user’s needs
- Quality of user interface
- Technical and operational feasibility
- Economic and financial sustainability
- Creativity and innovation
- Use of the resources required to apply for one of the special prizes (FIWARE APIs, MasterCard APIs, Open Data sets etc.)